Monday, March 10, 2014

from death, comes life



The morning of September 26, 2012, I didn't wake up to any of my alarms.

I missed all my classes, and was on my way to the newsroom when I stopped to photograph this motorcycle accident. The driver, whom I'm currently seeking to identify, died after hitting a barricade on Interstate 35E at Teasley Lane. I want to find out who he was. I hope to encourage friends and relatives that his death was not in vain.

After taking pictures and talking to some officials, I was about to leave the scene when I felt compelled to turn around and ask a cop his name. He threatened to arrest me, so I just apologized immediately and left. This officer (not pictured) called both the Denton Record Chronicle and the NT Daily, complaining that I should be fired "for impeding an investigation." My editor was worried that the police would withhold information for the blotter indefinitely, and so decided to fired me, a staffer at the time. I fought for them to publish the photo, as they relented over its "graphic" nature. They ended up running it. That was justice for me.

In the grand picture, God brought me out of compromise. I was ensnared by busyness, isolated, and slightly depressed during my first year in Denton. I learned that demotion and promotion come from the Lord, among other things.

I finally entered the Well House of Prayer that next week. Soon began a year-long journey of learning about intercession, cultivating intimacy in the presence of the Lord, and growing sensitive to his voice.

I've returned to school one year later with a new heart, vision and determination, but most importantly of all, with oil of love for my Lord. He wants me to get some things, before I get sent out. He's brought me to the wilderness, so I can learn to lean, and for a lifetime.

Since living on the land - in my barn - I've entered into some serious spiritual warfare! I never knew what it felt like to loose things. Being a neighbor to several married-missionary duos, Laura and Daniel MarkumRachel and Kevin Marshall, and now Carl and Rachel Wilkinson, has impacted our ability to receive, more than we know. I've heard that we can stand underneath the anointing of others, like an umbrella. The anointing (the Holy Spirit) teaches us all things - God's unique presence among the community - and without us being fully aware of it.  I think He likes it that way, humble as He is. So inter-dependent and manifold are His works among us, that none can boast.

Our house church, Acts 2 Fellowship, formed almost over night. God brought us together to contend for the fullness, and for all of Denton.

I sense a book in the making. A Christian newspaper? I will watch and pray. Ultimately, it's about - and I hear the Lord say, "don't ever get over this!" - awakened hearts, longing for the Bridegroom, hastening His return. This is the drama of the ages, unfolding before our eyes! May we never grow tired of what the Spirit is doing in our midst: fashioning the heart of the Bride through the revelation of Himself.

He is the greatest reward of our life. That we would be his bride. This is the greatest exchange of joy, and to witness in others. 

God answers the prayers of a persistent intercessor (Luke 18). What happens when God brings a group of fiery, lovesick hearts, together as neighbors? Refining. Exploits. Fruitfulness. It may be small beginnings, but we've been given a small taste of where this is going, and we aren't letting up. The Kingdom yields to the spiritually violent. The veil becomes thinner. A gentile witness will provoke Israel to jealousy; the Bride will be made ready, perfected in love.


Trust in the Lord and do good; dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture.Take delight in the LORD, and he will give you the desires of your heart. Psalm 37:3-4

Through Jesus, therefore, let us continually offer to God a sacrifice of praise--the fruit of lips that openly profess his name Hebrews 13:15



Honor the Lord with your wealth, with the firstfruits of all your crops; then your barns will be filled to overflowing, and your vats will brim over with new wine. Prov 3:9-10
He makes his messengers winds, his ministers a flaming fire.Psalm 104:4

       


Wade Matheny, Daniel Markum and Kevin Marshall, my brothahs





    


            








     
                     Ember Marie Markum                                         Olive Celeste Marshall

Carl Wilkinson and Rachel Warren, married Dec 21, 2013.

"He settles the childless woman in her home as a happy mother of children. Praise the Lord." Ps 113:9
Intercessory missionary Laura Markum kisses 6-month-old Ember Marie, on her way to receiving her own hat, in their renovated (and warm) barn-home. When I first met Laura, the Lord gave me a prophetic word about her barrenness. That revelation stirred our faith to pray for healing. Hearing what God wants to do, what the Spirit is saying, allows us to partner with His will. Christ looked upward (Mark 7:34). Their home is nearly completed. in progress, below.












                 







Well HOP currently serves the community 8 hours a day, five days a week. We are reaching toward 24/7! From the rising of the sun to the place where it sets, the name of the LORD is to be praised. Psalm 113:3

Daniel ends an 8-hour day at The Well. A true shepherd, Daniel introduces many to their Bridegroom.



No comments: