Monday, March 10, 2014

Hearing Without Headphones


‘And in the last days it shall be, God declares, that I will pour out my Spirit on all flesh, and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams;'
Acts 2:17

I met Samantha Ferraro in the Business Leadership Building on the morning
of my dream. We agreed that God is doing an amazing work among the youth
in Denton. She attends Eagle Point Church, and works as an R.A.

A note: the dream began at 6:30 a.m and lasted for two hours. The only reason I know this is because I woke up, started getting ready, and the next thing I know, I'm up two hours later, trembling under the presence of the Lord! He knocked me out!!! 

Another note: I don't typically dream. In fact, I was never really a dreamer until two years ago, upon attending the onething conference at the International House of Prayer in Kansas City. Some brothers prayed for my healing (I needed deliverance ministry), and I was baptized in the Holy Spirit. I started having dreams unlike I've ever had before. In the ones I have from God (and not pizza the night before), I'm sometimes like an observer, taking notes of all the symbols.  I don't take them lightly, and as a former atheist, I tremble in my heart to share them to life-long Christians and theologians alike. He wouldn't have it any other way.


And he said: "Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Matt 18:3

From the days of John the Baptist until now the kingdom of heaven has suffered violence, and the violent take it by force. Matt 11:12

The movie theater was packed.

Perhaps it was my first time attending this church. I came with a friend from high-school who I had not seen in a long time. I was an atheist back-then. She knows of God but doesn't know Him personally. She's a curious artist. We sat in the very back row.

Everyone was hypnotized by the screen. I never took a long glance to see what it was. But it almost appeared like white noise. I resisted, yet everyone seemed entranced by it, including my friend. 

Tugging on her shoulder, I wanted to pray. I wanted to hear from the Lord with her, for her. 
But she couldn't get her eyes off the screen, and didn't really understand what I was asking. So I started to pray anyway, my hand rested on her shoulder.

Immediately I heard,"cancer," (and as if I was so used to doing this), I just prayed against the sickness, rebuking the illness in the name of Jesus. Upon quiet verbal declaration of that brief statement, the unexpected happened.

It was like being hooked up to a thousand volts. The power of God broke out through me and everything went white - I was knocked out! - my ears ringing for what felt like five seconds. 

I came out of it, shaken, and I noticed she experienced the power (and was healed!). There was a disruption in the theater. Some older men came down from the film-box upstairs, who were playing the flick.

"What's going on down here?" said one. Another began confiscating headphones from everybody. They didn't want us to hear something. "My sermons? The webstream? My worship music?" I think to myself. I hand over my headphones, but with hesitation. 

Everyone evacuates the theater. The dream flashes to us in the parking lot outside the cinema building. My friend hands a picture she drew to a group of youths standing on ledges and sitting on the stairs, speaking about what just happened among them. The artwork is in the caricature style used by a woman in the Well House of Prayer - Lola, who was healed of schizophrenia. She is always drawing/painting prophetic art and attends Calvary Chapel.



In the dream, the picture my friend drew was two-fold. It was actually a folded picture, the top depicting her as a harlot, surrounded by the great congregation, and when folded down, revealed her as redeemed, healed and joyful!

The youths were testifying of what just happened in the theater. At the same time that power broke out in the back-row, there was revival going on in the front row among the children and teenagers! Kids, as young as eight and as old as eighteen, were baptizing each other in the Holy Spirit, seeing healing and deliverance and tongues.

The older men that came down from the film box, elders in the church, were wiping tears from their eyes, repenting. Everyone reconciled and there was unity.

Dream end.


I heard a sermon a few days prior to the dream, by Corey Russell, in which he shared the prophetic word that Mike Bickle spoke to thousands of leaders at a national conference. "No one with a control spirit will experience my power."

The word challenged me. I tested it and asked God about it. We know God gives life to all without partiality. 

A friend in my Bible study just mentioned I should check out "The Twofoldness of Divine Truth." The author addresses the manifold nature of God's wisdom, and how some things seem contradictory. For instance, like in the verses quoted above, the kingdom of God suffers violence - it has a weak point - and yields to the spiritually vigilant; we also must turn and become like children; we wrestle with him for the blessing.

His power is also his life - and how we gain that life is two-fold as well. We don't have it if we refuse to come to him for it (John 5:40). But he also opens up our heart to receive it (Acts 16:14).  His power has it's greatest expression in the transforming of the human heart, the most iniquitous and prideful thing, into love, peaceable and humble as Christ himself.

Today, a control spirit threatens the Western church and its leaders. The youth will contend for the outpouring of the Holy Spirit with a pure, full-faith abandonment unlike anything we've ever seen! Their testimony will lead people to repentance. The hearts of the fathers will be turned toward the children, who experience the fullness despite never having been under the tutelage or religious propaganda. The Lord is zealous to defy the  wisdom of man with the foolish and weak.

When the corrupted elders came down to confiscate headphones, I wasn't sure what it meant. My friend said it could represent God's voice that we carry with us. I was cool giving them up, because I knew I would still be able to hear God's voice without them.

The Lord isn't against church being in a movie theater; it's the entertainment/control approach, that hinders. While people are hypnotized, it's like white-noise to the Lord.

This dream was full of lessons! I don't need to pray long and loud for healing, and for prophetic words. We can be in different places, world-wide even, agree in faith and see outpouring break out over an entire region. The headphones are a tool, an aid, and like all aids (sermons, worship, etc), they are meant to lead us into private worship and conversation, but never replace it.

No comments: