Sunday, August 31, 2008

Wedding Assistant

Wedding photographers are always on their feet, unless they're taking a quick break to scarf a complementary plate of the richest, and most delicious, scallop casserole. There's always something to photograph, with a thorough list of family shots: bride/groom/aunt, bride/aunt/son, aunt/uncle/daughter, and so on. Luckily for me, I only had to hold the reflector for barely a sticky-note's worth of family sequences (since only the brides family was there). This reflector of shiny insulation is certainly my next homemade, ghetto-studio invention. It's light, inexpensive, and solar powered to boot!
Alexis Crant was "the" wedding photographer I assisted, helping to fetch family members when she needed them, holding reflectors, taking some requested pics (and some of my own), oh yeah, and constantly being moved out of the way of her shots :). I was fortunate, though, because Alexis is one of those laid back pros who's there to laugh with you, encouraging me to have fun and shoot like crazy, but also means serious business when it really comes down to the results!


Thanks for everything Alexis and I can't wait to learn more on my next job, hopefully soon!

Here are some of my favorites from the wedding:


Practicing before the ceremony

nice color combo

father and son




Married!



Delicious!!!! and beautiful

motion-blurred but still worth the post
Some candids:



1st: blown-out window + extra light ^

Adjusting settings like mad to opposite exposure ^ I love these

Get in there!

Yum, I sampled everything!





Daughter speaking of her new dad (with beer)


Come and get it!

"yes..."

No comments: